Every year Caley and I sit down to reflect upon the year and dream about the future. This year we didn’t sit in a coffee shop for a few hours like we normally do. Instead we sat at our dining room table and all day on and off when time permitted between Emma time, we asked ourselves the same questions we ask ourselves every year.
We call this day #PorterCast because it’s our opportunity to cast vision for the coming year.
Whether you’re into New Year’s Resolutions or not most of us have some margin during the holidays to sit down and reflect upon the year and dream about the future.
A few years ago I came across a blog from Tim Elmore and we’ve been discussing the same 17 questions ever since before New Years.
Take a few minutes and check ’em out below. A better future awaits…
Our character is simply made up of the habits and attitudes we possess daily. – Tim Elmore
1. What are my fondest memories of 2014?
2. What were the “big projects” I completed during the year?
3. What were the defining moments during the last year?
4. What did I procrastinate on and fail to get done?
5. What books and mentors had the greatest impact on me? Why?
6. Am I closer to my friends and family from my activities this year?
7. What will be my biggest goals as I move forward into 2015?
8. Where did I neglect to live up to the standards I set for myself?
9. What are my greatest dreams for 2015?
10. What standards will I live by throughout the next year?
–Personal / Spiritual Standards:
11. In what areas of my life do I most want to grow in 2015?
12. What books will I read this next year to achieve those growth goals?
13. What mentors will I seek out to achieve those growth goals?
14. What magazines will I read to achieve those growth goals?
15. What events will I attend to achieve those growth goals?
16. What podcasts will I listen to, to help me grow?
17. What will I do Monday through Friday to be intentional about my growth?
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain